IKEA Community Contest Rules click here
2. Your Personal information
3. Make sure you are up to date
We reserve the right to change the terms on which our website and products are offered at any time. Any changes to our legal terms and conditions will take effect immediately when they are placed on our website and will apply to all future use of our website. You should regularly check the General Terms and Conditions and our policies posted on our website as they may have changed since your last visit.
4. Community Account
In order to use the Community, you must (1) have an existing Account; and (2) create a “community account” by following the instructions on the community registration page. You must ensure that your registration information is true, accurate and complete and that you keep it up to date. We may reclaim or amend your username at any time.
By signing up for an account you agree to abide by the community guidelines. By posting content on any IKEA site, you represent, warrant and agree that:
(a) you are 16 or older (and in the case of a user between the ages of 16 and 18, you have obtained the consent of your parent/guardian regarding your use of such IKEA Site);
(b) no content (or part thereof) submitted by you or through your account will:
(i) breach any law or encourage the commission of an illegal act;
(ii) be defamatory, abusive or offensive;
(iii) infringe the copyright, moral right, performing rights, rights of privacy, trade mark or other proprietary right of any third party;
(iv) constitute a misuse of any confidential information of a third party;
(v) contain software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
(vi) advertise, promote or endorse any products or services;
(c) in respect of images and/or audio-visual content:
(i) any individual depicted in the content (or, in the case of any individual under the age of 18, the parent/guardian of such individual) has consented to the content being posted on the IKEA Site;
(ii) the content has not been modified or altered in any manner so as to distort or misrepresent any individual or thing depicted in the content;
(iii) the content does not contain any personal information such as a name, phone number or e-mail address; and
(d) you will not impersonate any person or entity.
4. Content Disclaimer
Links and sharing
Any links or opportunities to share (via social media, blogs, and similar sites and communication services) on our website are provided solely for your use and convenience. The link does not represent any endorsement or recommendation by us and does not mean that we have any association with the linked website. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are linked to or from our website or for the legal consequences of your entering into any contracts with the third parties that provide these linked websites and we do not accept any liability for any loss, damage, expense, costs or liability whatsoever incurred by you as a result.
Please note that if you do share content onto other platforms, there may be separate terms and conditions connected to the organisation that allows you to share. Please check the terms and conditions of any site you intend to share to. Some terms and conditions may prohibit you from sharing our content.
We will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, costs, delays or other liability whatsoever (including without limitation any financial losses such as loss of profit) which you may incur as a result of any event beyond our reasonable control (including without limitation any failure of transmission, communication, computer or other facilities or your inability to access the website for any reason or any failure, error or delay in the sending or receiving of any information.
Information, advice or other material of any kind posted on the Community (“Content”) by other members of the Community is not official support provided by IKEA. The content does not reflect IKEA’s opinions or policies nor is it endorsed by IKEA.
Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the provision of any goods or services by IKEA, which will be set out in IKEA’s terms and conditions relating to the provision of such goods or services.
5. Product Modification Disclaimer
We do not endorse the use of products being used or assembled in a fashion other than as stated in the instructions. Nor do we endorse any ‘hacks’ or alterations shown on the Community and does not accept any liability should these result in injury or death. Any IKEA products that are not assembled according to their instruction will result in voiding the warranty.
You are responsible for all Content that you post on the Community. We do not control nor assume responsibility for such content or any content posted by other users
We reserve the right to moderate the activity on the Community and may remove or edit any content for any or no reason including content that at our sole discretion is determined to violate our guidelines or "hus rules" as posted on the site. We may remove or edit such Content without prior notification to the responsible user.
Any use of the community that conflicts with any of the terms may result in immediate termination or suspension of your accounts.
7. What you cannot do on our website
We may terminate your account and/or delete any content (including but not limited to your profile) that you have posted on our sites and/or prohibit you from using or accessing any IKEA Site (or any part of the same) for any reason, at our sole discretion, with or without notice. We may take other action as well including but not limited to reporting you to the police or other law enforcement body, issuing a warning or taking legal action against you and pursuing any costs we incur as a result.
8. Intellectual Property
All information and materials (including designs, text, graphics and their selection and arrangement) on an IKEA site are the copyright of IKEA or its content providers. No information or material on an IKEA Site may be copied, reproduced or downloaded without our express permission in writing.
All brand names, product names and/or service names used in an IKEA Site are trade marks, trade names, service marks or copyrights of their respective holders. Any use of any such brand name, product name and/or service name without the prior written consent of the relevant rights holder may constitute an infringement of that rights holder's rights and we give no permission for the use of any such item in any way whatsoever.
These community terms will become effective in relation to you when you create an IKEA Community account and will remain in effect until you terminate your IKEA Community account or the earlier termination by IKEA thereof. You may terminate your IKEA community account at any time by contacting us. But we’re sure you won’t want to.
IKEA Community contest rules
Online community contest official rules and regulations (the "contest rules") for age-of-majority legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec residents) only.
1. The IKEA CANADA –Online Community Contest (the “Contest”) starts on June 02, 2022 at 8:00am. Eastern Time (“ET”) and closes on July 3, 2022 at 11:59pm. ET (the “Contest Period”). The Contest sponsor is IKEA Canada Limited Partnership (“IKEA”), a limited partnership formed in the Province of Ontario with an address of 1065 Plains Road East, Burlington, Ontario, L7T 4K1.
2. To enter and to be eligible to win, a person must be a resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) who is at least eighteen (18) years old and is a member of the IKEA Online Community. (You can obtain an IKEA Community Membership free of charge by signing up here. Employees, agents, and representatives of IKEA, its partners and associates, its advertising or promotional agencies, and their immediate family members or persons with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family member" means parents, sisters, brothers, children, spouse, husband and wife. IKEA reserves the right to require proof of eligibility, which proof shall be in the form required by IKEA.
3.The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws and regulations. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Contest Rules. IKEA may disqualify any entry that appears to violate these conditions, or any provision of these rules.
How to participate
4. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. To enter the Contest, entrants must login to your IKEA Online Community account and post to share your photos and stories within the inspiration section thread for “Fab first impressions: Share your hallway with us to be in with a chance of winning a $ 80.00 IKEA card” during of the Contest Period (each an “Entry”).
5. Entries must be received by IKEA during the Contest Period. Limit one (1) entry per person (and per IKEA Family card account). All entries found to have entered more than once will be void.
6. IKEA s not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, delayed, incomplete or incompatible entries (all of which are void). No other method of entry is allowed. An Entry may be rejected if (in the sole and absolute discretion of IKEA) the Entry is not fully completed with all required information and submitted and received in accordance with these Contest Rules during the Entry Period.
Prize and odds of winning
7. All dollar amounts contained in these Contest Rules are denominated in Canadian Dollars.
8. There is one (1) prize (the “Prize”) available to be won, consisting of one (1) IKEA Gift Card valued at IKEA Gift Card valued at $ 80.00
9. The Prizes will be awarded according to the terms set out in these Contest Rules. Prizes must be accepted as awarded. If, for any reason, a Prize remains unselected at the end of the Contest Period, IKEA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to draw another entry or entries from previous eligible entries received.
10. Odds of winning a Prize will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
How are prizes awarded
11. The Prizes will be awarded by random draw conducted by IKEA (“Prize Draw”), which shall take place on July 3, 2022 (the “Draw Date”) at approximately 11:59 PM ET at the IKEA Service Office (1065 Plains Road East, Burlington, Ontario L7L 4K1). Twenty (20) eligible entries will be selected at random from among all eligible entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules as a potential Prize winner.
12. Attempts will be made to contact the selected entrants as indicated above within five (5) days following the Draw Date to provide instructions on how to claim his/her Prize, including details on the administration of the skill-testing question and the Release (as defined below). In the event that a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the specified amount of time described above, is not eligible, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question within the time limit, does not sign and return the Release within the specified time or does not otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, IKEA shall have the right to disqualify that selected entrant, in which case he/she will not receive any Prize and shall forfeit all rights to the Prize, and the Released Parties shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. In such event, IKEA may, at its sole and absolute discretion, randomly select an alternative entry from the remaining eligible entries received and proceed with the selected winner notification and qualification procedure outlined above (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected entrant).
13. Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, a selected entrant must (a) first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question; (b) sign and return within five (5) days of receipt, IKEA’s form of release, waiver and indemnity (the "Release") that allows IKEA to publish the selected winner's name in potential future advertisements and confirms understanding, acceptance and compliance with these Contest Rules, acceptance of the Prize as offered, and acknowledgement that IKEA and all or any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising or promotional agencies, administrators, employees, agents, representatives and participating service providers (collectively, the "Released Parties") are not responsible for any claims arising out of any matter related to the Contest or the Prize; and (c) acknowledge compliance with the Contest Rules.
14. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash (except at IKEA’s sole and absolute discretion). Subject to any applicable legislation, IKEA reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a Prize, in whole or in part, for a prize of equal or greater value, for any reason including due to the Prize being unavailable or for any circumstances beyond its control. The refusal to accept any Prize releases and forever discharges the IKEA and the other Released Parties from all obligations related to the Prize, including delivery.
15. None of the Released Parties assumes any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data, or any combination thereof, including any damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer and to any cellular phone or other property related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials relating to this Contest. For greater certainty, and without limitation, IKEA nor any of the other Released Parties is responsible if the address, email address, or telephone number given by an entrant is incorrect, disconnected or no longer in service. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, for any reason, in the opinion of IKEA, the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest or the Event is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond its control, IKEA may, in its sole discretion, and subject to any applicable legislation, cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest (or amend these Contest Rules). IKEA reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner. The Contest Rules are subject to change at the discretion of IKEA, subject to any applicable legislation, without notice to entrants individually.
16. All decisions of IKEA with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entrants or entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. Entrants, including Contest winners, agree to release, forever discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of a Prize.