cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sofa cover replacement

Brooklyn
New Contributor

We purchased the Karlstad sofa a few years ago and loved it because you could easily replace the cover as it became worn out. Unfortunately IKEA no longer makes this sofa. Does anyone know if their other sofa covers fit the Karlstad sofa? We tried the Parup cover but it was too small. 
We are trying to reduce waste and avoid buying a new couch. Thanks!

#sofacover #karlstad

1 BEST ANSWER

smnc
Contributor II

Oh yes!

I had this exact problem with my beloved TYLOSAND sectional, and I used a company called Comfort Works.

The covers I got fit perfectly and were very nicely made, and the communications I had with them were friendly and helpful.

That  said, that was years ago and there are a lot of companies that make replacements now, so take my experience with Comfort Works as just that: my experience, not necissarily an endorsement. Back then, the only other competitor (at least that I could find) was called Bemz and they simply didn't make covers for all the Tylosand pieces I owned.

Now there are makers on Etsy, and it seems quite a few other business that come up in a Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=aftermarket+ikea+sofa+covers

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

smnc
Contributor II

Oh yes!

I had this exact problem with my beloved TYLOSAND sectional, and I used a company called Comfort Works.

The covers I got fit perfectly and were very nicely made, and the communications I had with them were friendly and helpful.

That  said, that was years ago and there are a lot of companies that make replacements now, so take my experience with Comfort Works as just that: my experience, not necissarily an endorsement. Back then, the only other competitor (at least that I could find) was called Bemz and they simply didn't make covers for all the Tylosand pieces I owned.

Now there are makers on Etsy, and it seems quite a few other business that come up in a Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=aftermarket+ikea+sofa+covers

AlvynA

@smnc, That's right! We also recommend trying your luck with BEMZ (Sweden-based company). Here is their contact information:

Email address: customerservice@bemz.com.
Phone number: + 46 8 664 6200

Found your solution? Simply click on Accept as solution to help others with similar questions!