cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mounting rails for kitchen cabinets?

stelandrum
New Contributor

I bought several cabinets a couple of months ago, and plan to install this weekend. 

However, I keep seeing comments about needing mounting rails.  The boxes are 160km from me, and thus this weekend, I will be 160km from an Ikea store.

The docs I find are unclear - does anyone know if the mounting rails are included in box for Enhet and Sektion, or are they always a separate item?

Thanks for your help in advance.

S

3 REPLIES 3

FJÄLLBO

Hej,

Thanks for reaching out. While we do sell a SEKTION mounting rail, our cabinets can be mounted to walls without this attachment. All that is necessary is for the two connecting points into the wall to be drilled into studs (either vertical or into one horizontal one).

We hope this information helps.

stelandrum
New Contributor

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply, it is most helpful. As I am no-where near the boxes at the moment, can you advise? Are the mounting points designated in the cabinets, or can I determine where my studs are, and fasten anywhere?  (My walls are currently open, so I have the flexibility to put in horizontal studding to mount to if the connecting points are pre-determined).

Regards,

Steve

Hej Steve,

No worries! As for the products, they do have fixed mounting points on roughly the top right/left corners. If your walls are still open, we can recommend determining where you want the cabinets to be and then adding any studs accordingly.

We hope this helps.